Our client is a pioneer within fine arts, with multiple art galleries across the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will report to the Gallery Director and will work closely with the gallery’s senior staff to develop a compelling brand that engenders loyalty and trust. He/she will be responsible for building brand awareness; planning, implementing and optimizing marketing campaigns across traditional and digital channels; cultivating key partner relationships through a variety of marketing initiatives; and developing a communications strategy. The Manager will be responsible for managing the gallery’s digital and print advertising, email marketing, website, social media, ecommerce platform, events, and print and digital media relations. He/she will report regularly on marketing data and analytics and use it to drive revenue growth. The Manager will oversee a growing team of marketing professionals and will be responsible for the professional development of their direct reports.
What you need to succeed:
- Practical experience in analysis, design, implementation of successful marketing campaigns;
- Proven success increasing traffic, engagement and client retention;
- Experience using Art Systems, Artbinder, Mailchimp, social media systems (e.g Hootsuite) and Google Analytics;
- Clear and compelling oral and written communication;
- Passionate about the ways that digital media will continue to revolutionize information distribution and interaction in the arts sector;
- Meticulous and detail-oriented approach to all tasks;
- Ability to deliver against deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Creative problem solving;
- Consistency and reliability;
- Models a professional way of working;
- Detail-oriented and capable of prioritizing and executing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Passionate about the art world, general knowledge of Saudi contemporary artists.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee all marcomms contracts (sow, budgets, performance and reporting) – as the spoc on behalf of the company and liaison between management and the agencies.
- Develop and implement the marketing and communications strategy to build brand equity and drive first time buyers;
- Develop a singular brand voice and ensure the brand position in the market is aligned with the strategic goals of the business;
- Ensure a seamless branded experience in the gallery, at off-site events and online across all platforms;
- Develop and create content that reflects trends in client interest, engagement and transactions;
- Manage the editorial content calendar for every platform;
- Review all current marketing activities – events, private dinners, catalogue mailings, previews, gifts, website copy and images, email and social campaigns, etc. – to improve ROI;
- Maintain and update the gallery’s website, including producing and posting new content, and refreshing design in conjunction with Instagram and mass email campaigns;
- Lead SEO and apply lead generation tools to drive new visitors to the companies website;
- Lead ecommerce initiative to build online selling platform;
- Oversee the social media strategy and its implementation to drive interest and traffic;
- Create new channels of communication and experiential engagement with collectors;
- Work with Sales team to carefully orchestrate and implement “drip” campaigns to clients;
- Generate email campaigns and newsletters featuring recent press and online news about the gallery and its artists;
- Secure strategic partnerships and sponsorships that build strong brand associations;
- Develop domestic and international plans to grow gallery presence and awareness and identify opportunities to penetrate new markets;
- Serve as one of the public faces at fairs, gallery openings, and social events to represent the gallery, gather market information and continuously cultivate personal relationships with media, partners, potential sponsors, and influencers;
- Promote the significance and value of contemporary art from KSA to the media;
- Maintain and update internal press contact lists;
- Gather and interpret market intelligence so to seize opportunities quickly;
- Participate in annual strategic planning and staff meetings, making data-driven recommendations to support conclusions;
- Work with the Controller to develop annual marketing and communications budget, identifying key growth/savings areas; regularly report on performance on plan;
- Establish annual KPIs for all marketing channels;
- Track engagement and sales through every sales channel (physical and virtual spaces/events);
- Assess competitor platforms, client requests, and site activity to improve our platforms;
- Evolve the digital strategy and recommend solutions to advance our commercial goals.
- Build and manage a Marketing team by providing clear directives and goals;
- Ensure a comprehensive orientation and training process for new hires;
- Use regular feedback and annual performance reviews to develop professional skills of the team.
- Develop dynamic, thought-provoking public programs—talks with artists and specialists, tours to bring the work of artists to life and build an appreciation for Saudi based artists to a variety of audiences.
Special projects might be assigned to you based on the gallery program, and projectsApply