- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Job Type: Full-time
- Experience: Minimum: 10+ years
- Industry: Construction
- Nationalities: Open to all nationalities currently residing in KSA
- Functional Area: Civil Engineering
- Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Job Role: QA/QC Manager
- Reporting to: Civil Engineering Manager
The QA/QC Manager is responsible for ensuring that the quality management system (QMS) is fully implemented in an organized and efficient manner. The QA/QC Manager is responsible for delegating and assigning tasks to QA/QC Supervisors, engineers and working closely with related engineering, construction, fabrication, and repair departments.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and oversee project quality to ensure compliance to codes, standards, regulations, equipment specific specifications, and QMS requirements.
- Advancing quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Managing the development and implementation of the QMS for planning, fabrication, inspection, documentation, and operations activities including:
1. Planning duties within the QA/QC staff and related work schedules;
2. Establishing service standards for end users (i.e., internal department or external customer);
3. Identifying and developing QA/QC personnel certification requirements and continuing education/training needs;
4. Providing leadership, mentorship, and direction of all QA/QC personnel.
- Evaluate the root cause of quality problems.
- Identify the need for quality improvements ( Corrective action, preventive action or defect repair)
- Complete the quality checklist
- Update lessons learned
- Implement the cost-benefit analysis technique, and make use of the seven basic quality tools
- Assess the cost of conformance and nonconformance to the quality
- Coordinate with the consultant’s representative and Site In-charge for inspection and meeting about quality problems including the closure of Non-Compliance Report.
- Perform daily field inspections to verify contractor’s work complies with the project specifications and applicable codes
- Submit a Daily Report identifying areas inspected, test performed and any significant findings to the concerned people.
- Participate in the Preparatory Meetings and Initial, Follow-up and Final Inspections
- Perform material inspections to verify that the products are to specifications and that storage, staging and material handling methods are implemented
- Review RFIs to ensure changes are implemented in the field
- Audit subcontractor quality control procedures
- Coordinate all QA/QC activities with the site QC engineers.
- Initiate and track Deficiency Report issues to completion
- Interface with third party testing agency and the subcontractor quality teams
- Coordinate and schedule for offsite Equipment source Inspections
- Responsible for the quality and workmanship of every activity, thorough knowledge of all phases of engineering construction relating to Civil, Architectural and Structural discipline interfacing the multidisciplinary operations.
- QC Manager shall review and approve a method statement for the particular work on the site. He will make sure that it is submitted to the Consultant or Engineer and should be approved prior to starting the job on the site. The QC Manager shall review and approve the method statement ahead of schedule for the jobs and consider making a plan for all the method statements preparation and submission.
- If any comments on the method statement the quality manager will review it, any corrective action in the comments shall be immediately complied and eventually revert back for final approval.
- QC manager shall make sure that the job to be inspected is completed so that there will be no revisions or rejection of the inspection.
- The quality manager shall prepare a QC weekly report. You shall state all the activities that you performed in the past week and critical issues that you have noticed. The documents submitted and to be submitted shall also be included in your report.
- Control all achieve documentation upon the completion of the project.
- QC manager should review the quality reports, mill test certificates, request for inspection to the consultant, and follow up on them until they get approved, and issue a log for this.
- Implement the QA/QC management system at site
- Coordinate with the customers representative on all quality matters
- Coordinate with the site QC engineers for the completion of as-built turnover documentation
- Review the project specifications and knowledge and Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical data to plan projects.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate is likely to meet all of the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Excellent user of engineering software (AUTOCAD)
- (10-15) years of related work experience involving typical estimating activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Arabic language is also needed.
- Must have a clear understanding of, and ability to work with, construction contract commercial documents, drawings and specifications.
- Proficient in using MS Office: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, word..etc.
- Good team worker but able to exercise own judgment and able to work independently and make decisions Effective communicator, Excellent prioritization and planning skills.
- Preferred work experience with subcontractors, in the construction field.
- Preferred relative experience in the Saudi Market.
- Preference projects, Railway projects, pipeline projects, and governmental sector projects.
- ARAMCO certified candidates are a plus.
- Certificates in the Quality Management are a plus.
Interested candidates please send your CV and contact details to email@example.com referencing ‘QA/QC Manager’ in the subject line