Project Manager – Civil Engineer
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Job Type: Full-time
- Experience: Minimum: 10+ years
- Industry: Construction
- Nationalities: Open to all nationalities currently residing in KSA
- Functional Area: Civil Engineering
- Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Job Role: PM – Civil
- Reporting to: Civil Engineering Manager
Projects Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing the building of construction projects. They are involved in the areas of pre-planning, budgeting, resource allocation, contract negotiation, and worker coordination. Project managers might supervise construction site personnel and subcontractors, attend daily, weekly and monthly project progress meetings, and monitor compliance with building and safety codes and regulations.
Project Managers should balance between project constraints, assumptions and risks in accordance with contractual obligations, good engineering practice and industry standards, and in a manner satisfactory to the Client and the Company. Projects Manager involves total management of the project’s technical, financial, and administrative functions. Project Managers are responsible of defining the WBS, cost and time baselines, and they should avoid gold plating and follow the activities exactly as per the WBS.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Projects Manager is the sole responsible for the success of his project.
- The Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing, monitoring and closing the projects, and liable for the results of the project.
- The project Manager should have strong communication skills.
- Participating/ assisting in tender process i.e. in Estimation, submission, review and design and being able to provide reasonable/justified breakdown of his inputs to the estimation department.
- Accomplishes project objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Should have good potential shown by satisfactory past performance and growth in technical, fiscal, and management responsibilities in the engineering field.
- Review the project in-depth to schedule tools, materials deliverables and estimate costs.
- Should have acceptable leadership experience to direct and manage a 150+ person staff.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion.
- Superior initiative, judgment, and ability required to assume the total leadership of a complete small, moderate and large-scale project(s).
- Oversee all onsite and offsite construction work to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations.
- Coordinates with Engineering Director to complete outlining scope, goals, deliverables, resources, budget, and timing
- Clearly communicating expectations to the management related to the ongoing projects
- Resolving all issues, disputes and overcoming obstacles throughout a project’s life cycle
- Tracking and reporting on project milestones, and providing reports of project status, outstanding risks and issues, and key chances in scope or schedule to top management
- Effectively managing project scope by ensuring any changes are documented and approved
- Coordinating and control the site activities in accordance with project schedule, terms and conditions of the construction contracts / SOW.
- Supervise the performance of subcontractors and vendors to ensure projects built in accordance with contract requirements, plan and Execution.
- Any other task assigned by top management.
- Generally responsible for all project contractor(s) oversight, daily management of quality assurance, Quality Control and safety program/procedures adherence.
- Reviews all work for compliance with the contract. Identifies out-of-scope work requirements. Prepares contract change notices as required or Prepare Variation Orders.
- Assess all change requests, and study the time and cost impact imposed with these change requests.
- Maintaining construction schedules working with field operations team to ensure timely completion of tasks and project(s).
- Define all possible risks mitigate the risk prior to the start of project.
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction and inspection techniques.
- Effectively Coordinating staff, internal and external resources.
- Monitors the progress of all project(s) functions and reports on their status to the Company higher Management and Client as required. Gives particular attention to reporting matters affecting project(s) overruns or delays and makes every effort with Company higher Management and Client’s to rectify these conditions.
- Performs other project management functions as required by Company higher Management.
- Establishes project management procedures for execution of construction management tasks.
- Creates, modifies, and updates the Project Management Plan and Project Execution Plan as required
- Supervises the project(s)’ staff members such as Project Engineers, Site Engineers and other personnel.
- Evidence of acceptable personal characteristics which will enhance Client relationships and maintain a good image of the Company.
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing and scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating preventive and corrective actions.
- Provided direction to personnel responsible for project execution, equipment, and transportation
- Should be able to execute the projects and services consistent with the quality and safety objectives.
- Initiating and maintaining good relationship with Sub contractor(s) and Suppliers.
- Consistently prioritized tasks in order to ensure successful delivery of quality projects on time and within budget.
- Ensure the timely close-out of projects including completion of punch list and final submission of all close-out documents
- Oversee and direct the management and construction of projects from conception to completion.
- Collaborate with Projects engineers, site engineers, technical department and clients (whenever required) to determine the specifications and different metrics of the projects.
- Direct and manage Project management team, construction team and sub-contractors and all projects resources, and being able to assign responsibilities, coaching & mentoring the team and responsible for sites’ logistics and material controlling at site and at the camp.
- Review projects in depth to come up with a realistic project’s budgets and schedules which can be approved by all related parties. In addition, he will be responsible of monitoring updating both Budget and schedule and being able to suggest to management options for reducing the cost and decreasing the schedule whenever asked for.
- Monitoring compliance to applicable construction codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications of the company and their sub-contractors.
- Interacting daily with the clients project management team as authorized by the company’s engineering department communication channel and attending site technical and construction meetings.
- Work with the technical department assuring fulfilling the collection of the data requested from their side for both ongoing projects and prospective sales projects.
- Responsibly of Quality Management QA/QC (if required by management) including the preparation of all quality related submittals e.g. MIR’s, RFI’s, RFT’s, site drawings and document submittals as well securing the approval from the client or client’s assigned representative.
- Report effectively to the Engineering director and communicate efficiently with other project managers to provide assistance and technical support.
- Plan, and implement an effective way to maximize the productivity rate of the resources used between different projects including the rotation of resources between different sites, projects and areas.
- Identifies project responsibilities by determining the phases and elements of the project and the person in charge of each item.
- Being able to extract performance data from site and then generate performance reports to be added to the department performance information system.
- Having the ability to understand contracts language and apply them at site, while raising the flag to management whenever there is a change that is about to happen which might have a time and/or cost impact.
- Prepares status, progress and forecast reports (internal and external) and allocates project resources appropriately; approves site expenditures; employee contractor contract while keeping an accurate record and electronic data base of all elements of the projects.
- Presents procedures, rules and regulations to those involved in the project; maintains a safe, clean and productive environment through enforcing procedures. Maintains project integrity and reputation through compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Follows the department workflow procedures and its updates as instructed by management e.g.: coordinate internally between technical department, sales department, installation team and other related departments to assure fulfilling the tasks addressed by the Engineering Director.
- Coordinating with Technical Department to help in preparing the projects’ technical take off & BOQ’s and perspective jobs technical submittals (if required).
- Adhere to the department / Company work process & standards.
- High sense of responsibility, team work, creativity, fairness, commitment and to be initiative, confident, multi-function and can work under pressure.
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track assets & material inventory to meet contractual conditions of performance with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Monitor and control the scope, time and cost changes throughout the project’s lifecycle and issue the needed variation orders along with their supporting documents for the projects director’s approval.
- Transferable Iqama for non-Saudi’s.
- A bachelor degree in Civil Engineering with a valid engineering practice license.
- Minimum of (10) years’ experience in the project management field (5+) as a project manager.
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles and familiarity with quality and health and safety standards.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Arabic language as well.
- Valid Driving License.
- Project management, supervision, leadership skills and decision making ability and experience in supervising construction drawings, survey measurements, issuing shop and as-built drawings.
- Familiarity with the planning and project management software packages, ability to plan and see the “big picture” and must be Competent in conflict and crisis management.
- Good team worker but able to exercise own judgment and able to work independently and make decisions Effective communicator, Excellent prioritization and planning skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent Knowledge of Auto CAD & Retail construction
- Proficient in using MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Power point), Outlook, MS Project, AutoCAD and Adobe Acrobat PDF.
- Capable of leading teams efficiently, resolve technical/commercial matters with client & Sub contractors.
- Understanding of International Building Codes & US Green Building Council LEED Project Requirements.
- Understanding of FIDIC requirements.
- Experience in managing multiple contractors at work space or at Project Site.
- Experience in Closing Out and Commissioning Projects.
- Mandatory construction experience in vertical and horizontal projects.
- Mandatory knowledge of claim mitigation.
- Understanding of complex civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, fire protection building systems, and how they interface.
- Prior experience in KSA and availability of transferable residency is mandatory.
- Understanding of Oracle Primavera Schedules, Cost Engineering, Estimating, and Unit Price Contract Management.
- Preferred work experience with subcontractors, in the construction field.
- Preferred relative experience in the Saudi Market.
- Preference projects, Railway projects, pipeline projects, and governmental sector projects.
- ARAMCO certified candidates are a plus.
- Preferred work experience with main contractors, consultants, fire safety products, fire and smoke curtains to be more specific, interior fit-out manufacturers/Sub-contractors, or interior design firms.
- Time and cost management, high sense of emergency, perform under pressure and high sense of flexibility.
- PMP certificate or any other management certificates are a plus.
Interested candidates please send your CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing ‘PM – Civil’ in the subject line