- Job Type: Full-Time
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dammam, Saudi Arabia
- Job Role: Investment Manager
- Reporting line: Chief Investment Officer (CIO)
- Preferred nationality: KSA Nationals only
Our client is a fully owned subsidiary of one of the largest companies globally. Operating within VC, the company was established to encourage entrepreneurship within the Kingdom, investing in promising start-ups across various verticals.
Investment Managers are deal leaders, accountable for all aspects of investment circle and portfolio management. Investment Managers represent the firm in various important occasions.
- Play a crucial role in growing and managing a portfolio of venture investment
- Greatly contribute to the success of portfolio companies, which in turn makes impact on the overall return of the fund
- Contribute to the firm’s organization, develop and maintain relationships with external community, senior management and investors.
- Lead a team of investment professionals and advisors to identify and evaluate opportunities, conduct commercial/financial/legal due diligence
- Create investment cases, investment conclusions and present to Managing Director and Investment Committee
- Lead or assist CIO in negotiation and structuring complex transactions
- Finalize term sheet, contracts and other transactional documents
- Represent the VC firm for board observer capacity and shareholder fiduciary duties
- Provide comprehensive solutions to business challenges related to productivity, operational excellence, transformation, implementation, and change management for portfolio companies
- Provide support and consultancy to portfolio companies in formulating go-to-market strategy, business development, partnership, value-enhancing initiatives, fundraising, exiting etc.
- Monitor quarterly updates of portfolio companies and industry dynamics to make sure portfolio companies going on the right track and follow up on possible additional investments
- Develop exit plans and actively take actions to realize those plans
- Present exit decision to CIO, MD and Investment Committee
- Develop deep sector expertise and sector-focused networks, disseminate the expertise via internal reports, external reports and presentations
- Represent the VC firm in roundtables, events, meetings and conferences etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external community, senior management and investors
- Contribute to the firm’s organizational development and scaling internal functions
- Support Partners on general management of the fund, including but not limited to investor outreach, fundraising, branding, marketing etc.
- Coach and mentor a team of investment professionals, including but not limited to giving direction, providing feedback and focus resources of the most impactful investments opportunities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- At least 8 years of transactional deal experience in venture capital, private equity, or investment banking
- A proven track record of success in developing long-term client relationships and providing solutions to business challenges
- Relevant and strong academic record from a top tier educational institution
- MBA preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Executive-level expertise to advise portfolio management
- Contagious passion combined with demonstrated leadership in motivating people
- Excellent work ethic and professional demeanour
- Commercial acumen and strategic thinking
- Demonstrated ability to plan all diligence resources including internal and external parties
- Highly resourceful, organized and detail-oriented
- Self-starter, pro-active ability to initiate projects and work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills, deep cultural sensitivity, high emotional intelligence, keen ability to build long-lasting relationships, to influence and to collaborate
- Extensive network of contacts in the venture community and eco-system
- Strong interest in working with ambitious entrepreneurs and an ability to foster creativity, communication and synergies between partners and companies
- Entrepreneurial enthusiasm to build a cutting-edge business and create changes for the better
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to synthesize complex issues and communicate into simple messages
- Ability to learn new industries and technologies and translate value to customers
Interested candidates please send your CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing ‘Investment Manager’ in the subject line.