- Job Type: Full-Time
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dammam, Saudi Arabia
- Job Role: Investment Director
- Reporting line: Chief Investment Officer (CIO)
- Preferred nationality: KSA Nationals only
Our client is a fully owned subsidiary of one of the largest companies globally. Operating within VC, the company was established to encourage entrepreneurship within the Kingdom, investing in promising start-ups across various verticals.
Investment Directors are deal leaders, accountable for all aspects of investment circle and portfolio management. Capable of fully independent activity in all aspects of investment and fee earning activities (e.g.origination, structuring, and execution). Investment Directors represent the firm in various important occasions.
- Lead a team of investment professionals and advisors to identify and evaluate opportunities, conduct commercial/financial/legal due diligence
- Create investment cases, investment conclusions and present to Managing Director and Investment Committee
- Lead or assist CIO in negotiation and structuring complex transactions
- Finalize term sheet, contracts and other transactional documents
- Portfolio Management
- Represent the VC firm for board observer capacity and shareholder fiduciary duties
- Provide comprehensive solutions to business challenges related to productivity, operational excellence, transformation, implementation, and change management for portfolio companies
- Provide support and consultancy to portfolio companies in formulating go-to-market strategy, business development, partnership, value-enhancing initiatives, fundraising, exiting etc.
- Monitor quarterly updates of portfolio companies and industry dynamics to make sure portfolio companies going on the right track and follow up on possible additional investments
- Develop exit plans and actively take actions to realize those plans
- Present exit decision to CIO, MD and Investment Committee
- Fund Operations
- Develop deep sector expertise and sector-focused networks, disseminate the expertise via internal reports, external reports and presentations
- Represent the VC firm in roundtables, events, meetings and conferences etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external community, senior management and investors
- Contribute to the firm’s organizational development and scaling internal functions
- Support Partners on general management of the fund, including but not limited to investor outreach, fundraising, branding, marketing etc.
- Coach and mentor a team of investment professionals, including but not limited to giving direction, providing feedback and focus resources of the most impactful investments opportunities.
- Play a crucial role in growing and managing a portfolio of venture investment
- Greatly contribute to the success of portfolio companies, which in turn makes impact on the overall return of the fund
- Contribute to the firm’s organization, develop and maintain relationships with external community, senior management and investors.
- participates in fundraising activities.
- Takes an active role in investments and will often serve on the boards of portfolio companies.
- To manage a small organizational unit or industry focused group.
- At least 10 years of transactional deal experience in venture capital, private equity, or investment banking
- A proven track record of success in developing long-term client relationships and providing solutions to business challenges
- Relevant and strong academic record from a top tier educational institution
- MBA preferred
Interested candidates please send your CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing ‘Investment Director’ in the subject line.