- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Job Type: Full-time
- Experience: Minimum: 5+ years
- Industry: Construction
- Functional Area: Engineering
- Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Job Role: Electrical Site Engineer
- Reporting to: Unit Head
The electrical site engineer directs and oversees electrical engineering projects at construction sites, resolving issues and ensuring that work is completed according to specifications. They balance project management and engineering tasks ranging from designing electrical plans to monitoring contractors/Sub contractors. Electrical site engineers also ensure that plans and works are completed on time and according to local and national electrical codes.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Estimates, prepares and assigns the resources such as manpower, materials, consumables, equipment, tools, etc., required for all electrical and related works prior to execution.
- Generally responsible for implementations and monitoring of all electrical related works at site.
Estimating material, construction, and labor costs, and project timescales.
- Plans and analyses all possible construction methodologies and recommends the best options to the Project Manager for approval, prior to execution at site.
- Conferring with customers, engineers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering products or projects.
- Researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Interprets construction drawings and studies the contract documents and applicable standards or specifications prior to execution of any jobs
- Coordinating with technicians and other project related people.
- Testing installations and systems, and analyzing data.
- Making sure projects meet all electrical and construction safety regulations.
- Attending meetings, writing reports and giving presentations to managers and clients.
- Manages directly and provide engineering and technical supports to all the electrical work groups at site.
- Ensures that all the works done are in accordance with the approved construction drawings, contract documents, project specifications, and all applicable standards whether local, national or international standards
- Proper protection system for all electrical installation and Ensures that all site works are done according to all applicable quality standards.
- Review Inspection and Test Plans in order to perform all required inspections, and witnessing all required tests and add witness and hold points for the Client’s Inspection.
- Review inspection reports and records of Quality Control carried out on completed and running Project activities, and resolve issues and problems emerging during the Quality Control activities.
- Basic & detail engineering for provision of earthling pits of electrical installation.
- Plans the execution of all electrical related works and coordinates the works to mechanical and civil groups
- Preparing and submitting Technical Reports and produce detailed calculations.
- Daily and weekly work Progress Report Preparation and Keep the Record.
- Preparation and sending the quotation for approval, for Site Additional work.
- Ensuring that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications, technical drawings.
- Ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements by directing or coordinating installation, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, support or testing activities.
- Preparing specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials.
- Supervising and Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Periodic checkup and proper Maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Submits site daily reports, inspection requests, estimates and all applicable monitoring reports on regular basis or as required.
- Provides engineering information by answering queries and requests
- Resolve issues related to electric systems or devices that arise during the course of construction.
- Should be able to manage construction schedules related to electrical elements of job sites. They work closely with both planners and utility providers to determine when project milestones need to be completed to avoid delays and maintain profitability.
- Testing the electrical system once it is installed and all systems must be tested to ensure that the system is stable and safe.
- Assign targets for accomplishments and ensure that targets are met on daily basis for all electrical groups at site.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Transferable Iqama for non-Saudis.
- A University degree in related Engineering fields (Electrical) (Bachelor or Masters) with a valid engineering practice license.
- Minimum of (5 to 8) years’ experience as a Site Electrical Engineer.
- Ability to utilize an electrical CAD package such as Altium, or Auto Cad, or similar commercially available software 5. Well developed, detail oriented organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.(English)
- Ability to work with management to set and achieve goals based on priorities of development projects and support of internal and external customers.
- Preferred work experience with subcontractors, in the construction field.
- Preferred relative experience in the Saudi Market.
- Preference projects, Railway projects, pipeline projects, and governmental sector projects.
- ARAMCO certified candidates are a plus.
- PMP certificates are a plus.
Interested candidates please send your CV and contact details to email@example.com referencing ‘Electrical Engineer’ in the subject