- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Job Type: Full-time
- Experience: Minimum: 15+ years
- Industry: Construction
- Nationalities: Open to all nationalities residing within KSA with a transferrable Iqama
- Functional Area: Engineering
- Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Job Role: Division Head – MEP
- Reporting to: Director of Engineering
Our client is a general contracting company, based in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. The company operates in the fields of Architecture, Commercial, Industrial, and Residential real estate.
Our client is looking for an experienced professional to oversee their MEP engineering department and its subdivisions (projects, procurement, estimation, contracts, QA/QC, HSA, invoicing etc).
The Engineering Manager shall be involved in the areas of pre-planning, budgeting, resource allocation, contract negotiation, and worker coordination. He might supervise construction site personnel and subcontractors, attend daily, weekly and monthly project progress meetings, and monitor compliance with building and safety codes and regulations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the success of the department’s overall performance.
- Responsible for planning, executing, monitoring and closing the projects, and liable for the results of his projects.
- Should have strong communication skills oral and written in both Arabic and English this is a must.
- Participating/assisting in tender process i.e. in Estimation, submission, review and design and being able to provide reasonable/justified breakdown of his inputs to the estimation department.
- Support business development whenever needed by visiting possible clients in case asked.
- Accomplishes projects objectives and company’s strategic goals by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, counselling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Should have good potential shown by satisfactory past performance and growth in technical, fiscal, and management responsibilities in the engineering field.
- Review projects in-depth to schedule tools, materials deliverables and estimate costs.
- Should have high level leadership skills and experience to direct and manage a large team
- Oversee and direct MEP projects from conception to completion.
- Superior initiative, judgment, and ability required to assume the total leadership of a complete small, moderate and large-scale project(s).
- Oversee all onsite and offsite construction work to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations.
- Coordinates with Engineering Director to complete outlining scope, goals, deliverables, resources, budget, and timing
- Clearly communicating expectations to the management related to the ongoing projects and expected projects.
- Resolving all issues, disputes and overcoming obstacles throughout a projects’ life cycle.
- Tracking and reporting on projects milestones, and providing reports of project status, outstanding risks and issues, and key chances in scope or schedule to top management
- Effectively managing projects scopes by ensuring any changes are documented and approved
- Coordinating and control the sites activities in accordance with project schedule, terms and conditions of the MEP contracts / SOW.
- Being open and able to coordinate, adapt and sometimes adopt other trades schedules e.g. civil, infra structure and finishing which have influence on MEP scopes or might be influenced by MEP scopes.
- Supervise the performance of subcontractors and vendors to ensure projects built in accordance with contract requirements, plan and Execution.
- Any other tasks assigned by top management and performs other project management functions as required by Company higher Management.
- Generally responsible for all projects contractor(s) oversight, daily management of quality assurance, Quality Control and safety programs/procedures adherence.
- Reviews all works for compliance with the contracts, specifications, drawings, clients and consultants requirements. Identifies out-of-scope work requirements. Prepares contract change notices as required and/or Prepare Variation Orders and seek their approvals.
- Assess all change requests, and study the time and cost impact imposed with these change requests until convincing clients and collecting these VO’s payments.
- Maintaining construction schedules working with field operations team to ensure timely completion of tasks and project(s).
- Define all possible risks mitigate the risk prior to the start of projects.
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction and inspection techniques.
- Transferable Iqama for non-Saudi’s.
- A bachelor degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with a valid engineering practice license.
- Minimum of (15+) years’ experience in the project management field (10+) as a project manager.
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles and familiarity with quality and health and safety standards.
- Excellent written and spoken English/Arabic.
- Valid Driving License.
- Project management, supervision, leadership skills and decision making ability and experience in supervising construction drawings, survey measurements, issuing shop and as-built drawings.
- Familiarity with the planning and project management software packages, ability to plan and see the “big picture” and must be Competent in conflict and crisis management.
- Good team worker but able to exercise own judgment and able to work independently and make decisions Effective communicator, Excellent prioritization and planning skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent Knowledge of Auto CAD & Retail construction
- Proficient in using MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Power point), Outlook, MS Project, AutoCAD and Adobe Acrobat PDF.
- Capable of leading teams efficiently, resolve technical/commercial matters with client & Subcontractors.
- Understanding of International Building Codes & US Green Building Council LEED Project Requirements.
- Understanding of FIDIC requirements.
- Experience in managing multiple contractors at work space or at Project Site.
- Experience in Closing Out and Commissioning Projects.
- Mandatory construction experience in vertical and horizontal projects.
- Mandatory knowledge of claim mitigation.
- Understanding of complex civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, fire protection building systems, and how they interface.
- Understanding of Oracle Primavera Schedules, Cost Engineering, Estimating, and Unit Price Contract Management.
- Preferred work experience with subcontractors, in the construction field.
- Preferred relative experience in the Saudi Market.
- Preference projects, Railway projects, pipeline projects, and governmental sector projects.
- ARAMCO certified candidates are a plus.
Interested candidates please send your CV and contact details to email@example.com referencing ‘MEP Division Head’ in the subject