- Job Type: Full-Time
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Job Type: Permanent
- Industry: FMCG
- Functional Area: FMCG Operations
- Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Job Role: Operations Manager
- Reporting line: General Manager
- Preferred nationality: Open to all nationalities
Our client is a renowned and well established family owned business and one of the largest reputed diversified conglomerates in KSA. They have been operating for over four decades and is one of the most successful and fastest growing group of companies in the Kingdom. Their portfolio of companies includes Legal Professional Services Trading, Manufacturing, Communication, Retail Catering, Real Estate and Franchising. They remain the pioneer in most of the activities it has pursued and maintained its leadership.
They are seeking an Operations Manager responsible for overseeing all operations of the restaurant, including hiring, training, and performance management of all supervisory and hourly staff, inventory management, customer service, and creation of store goals and promotions to maximize profits.
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the companies mission
- Written and verbal store communication and top-down communication from corporate officers. Communicates with supervisors/leadership team to maintain the same practices and security policy and procedure at all levels of the operation. Communicates store goals to the team effectively and motivates others.
- Monitors inventory levels and communicates with vendors to maintain business relationships and secure appropriate pricing, in coordination with the general manager.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial duties and reporting are completed accurately, including all administrative tasks and payroll and personnel activities.
- Seeks to grow customer base and increase store traffic by creating and leading promotions within and outside the store as well as maintaining functional, efficient, pleasant store environment and high-quality food and beverage offerings.
- Seeks to increase sales, monitors weekly and monthly P&L data, and works to increase bottom-line profits.
- Reports performance information to corporate officers.
- Helps to organize marketing efforts, including overseeing social media presence, completion of sampling and seasonal promotional goals and events, and interfacing with various groups and school organizations to grow customer base.
- Leads and models the overall culture, values, mission, and spirit of the company. Is knowledgeable about the ideals and principles of bourbon coffee and ensures that our story is appropriately conveyed by staff and store environment.
- Creates, adjusts, and implements training plans for new employees to gather with the training department.
- Ensures full understanding and regularly observes and coaches staff on their performance, celebrating successes as well as discussing and offering suggestions if more feedback is needed.
- With management team, performs annual employee reviews and conducts ongoing coaching and training sessions to ensure high levels of performance.
- Oversees store staffing levels and assists in hiring and promotion assessments. Organizes labour to ensure adequate staffing.
- Conducts regular management meetings to review financial reports, issues related to personnel, upcoming promotions, events, and activities, etc.-helps to create a positive, enthusiastic, and well-trained store culture by providing an informed, honest, and optimistic example for the team.
- Responds appropriately to ideas, concerns, complaints, and comments from management and staff.
- Models proper attendance, punctuality, customer service, and overall attitude.
- Makes decisions on matters of import at the operations store level.quality of products, functionality, safety, and store appearance
- Oversees and executes effective communication between stores and other departments to ensure that food and beverage offerings are fresh, labeled appropriately, and kept well-stocked. Guides direction of new seasonal food and beverage offerings and contributes any skills and ideas for new items.
- Ensures that all company and store standards, guidelines, and procedures are communicated and followed by staff at all times. Models all rules and policies and maintains safety features and security of the company, FOH, and BOH operations.
- Communicates safety features and hazards to the team.
- Ensures store appearance is maintained at all times, including seating area, condiment bar, and FOH/BOH.
- Ensures proper equipment functionality and performs or enforces completion of regular equipment maintenance. Utilizes resources and available information to troubleshoot when equipment errors occur; responds in a timely and reasonable fashion to problems.
- Maintains, models, and coaches on the speed of service and organizes employees to maintain the most efficient floorplan and deployment for serving customers.
- Working knowledge of food and beverage functions, and general knowledge of shop operations.
- Outgoing, positive attitude and enthusiasm for working with the public.
- Demonstrates team management, delegation, issue resolution, coaching skills, and the ability to motivate others and provide direction for staff.
- Excellent leadership, training, and development skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective analytical, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates organization and multi-project time/issue management and the ability to meet deadlines consistently.
- Work effectively with supervisors, peers, subordinates, guests, vendors, and corporate partners.
- Outstanding ability to listen, communicate and work effectively with guests in high stress and high volume setting.
- Ability to present a calm demeanour that deters others from engaging in disruptive conduct, while encouraging a positive interaction with guests.
- Ability to read and interpret documents like training materials, spreadsheets, reports, and operating instructions.
- Accurate cash handling skills and ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret
- Charts and bar graphs.
- Proven ability to consistently deliver results with minimal supervision.
- Flexible availability including daytime, evenings, weekends, and major holidays. Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays is preferred.
- Restaurant management or food service experience required.
- Proficiency at all work stations in the lounge, including bar, food prep, POS system.
- Complete knowledge of the menu, product preparation, and standards.
- Working knowledge of all store equipment functions.
- Prior experience with point-of-sale cash handling systems preferred.
Interested candidates please send your CV and contact details to email@example.com referencing ‘Operations Manager – Coffee’ in the subject line.