- Job Type: Full-Time
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Job Type: Permanent
- Industry: Industrial
- Functional Area: Industrial Sector
- Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Job Role: General Manager – Industrial Sector
- Reporting line: CEO
- Direct Reports: Supply Chain,Operations, QHSE, R&D, Business Development and Marketing, Sales, Project Manager, Finance, HR, IT
- Preferred nationality: Open to all nationalities
Our client is a renowned and well established family owned business and one of the largest reputed diversified conglomerates in KSA. They have been operating for over four decades and is one of the most successful and fastest growing group of companies in the Kingdom. Their portfolio of companies includes Legal Professional Services Trading, Manufacturing, Communication, Retail Catering, Real Estate and Franchising.
The Industrial Sector General Manager has overall responsibility for the strategic direction and performance of the Sector. He is responsible for the effective and efficient employment of all assets and resources of the Sector to achieve its strategic growth and profitability goals set by the Board of Directors and as defined in the strategy.
- Provide advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to the Management Team to carry out major plans and procedures, consistent with established policies.
- Conduct a strategic review of the sector’s performance on a regular basis to determine whether the sector is meeting its short-and long-term objectives (increase in profits, increase in market share, return on investment, etc).
- Develop, in coordination with the Management Team, an integrated business plan that optimizes market share and profitability of existing or new activities.
- Set departments’ high-level goals, objectives and plans and work with them on attaining such goals by closely monitoring their operations.
- Review the operating results of the sector; compare them to established objectives and goals, and follow-up to ensure appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Periodically evaluate the effectiveness of Supply Chain and aim to benefit from potential economies of cost.
- Monitor the Operations and address any operational obstacles to smooth running of factories.
- Ensure strict adherence to relevant industry quality standards.
- Support and commit resources to R&D initiatives after ensuring potential for reasonable return on investment.
- Represent the sector / companies in business development initiatives.
- Closely monitor the sales process to ensure that sales personnel see through to the client satisfaction through every step of the engagement.
- Guide the project manager to enable him to complete the projects on budget, quality and time constraints.
- Assure smooth transactions between Head Office and representative support functions at sector level.
- Provide strategic leadership and guidance to all management.
- Capitalize on professional contacts to further business development for sector / companies.
- Monitor corporate performance and take corrective action where necessary.
- Delegate some responsibilities to appropriate executives in order to ensure smooth running of the sector / company.
- Conduct annual performance appraisal for all executives and recommend salary adjustments, rewards and promotions.
- Monitor the adherence of employees to the group’s guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Recruit, develop, manage and motivate executives and employees reporting to him.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration (MBA is preferred) or equivalent experience with a minimum of 15 years of related experience.
- Extensive executive-level management experience (6+ years).
- Industrial / Manufacturing experience is a must.
- Strong visionary with proven leadership qualities and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Political awareness, professional expertise, financial orientation, self starting initiative, cross cultural awareness, organization astuteness and team spirit.
- Ability to select, develop and motivate necessary management talent to maintain the sector’s overall objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills such as leadership, communication, persuasion, motivation, loyalty, and openness.
- Must be a professional of unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic is a plus
Interested candidates please send your CV and contact details to email@example.com referencing ‘GM – Industrial Sector’ in the subject line.