Reports to: CEO
To drive the development and monitor the implementation of the company’s strategy, business plans, and KPIs to ensure that the company’s overall organizational strategy is always in line with its mandate, as well as leading the development of the company’s portfolio of enterprise initiatives and innovation programs.
Strategy Development, Planning and/or Contribution
- Act as a member of the executive management team, participate in the development and refinement of the company’s overall vision, strategy, and objectives, and contribute to the overall process of corporate management and decision making to ensure the company maximizes its short, medium, and long-term profitability.
- In conjunction with the CEO, formulate and direct the implementation of the divisional strategy in line with the company’s vision, mission, and corporate objectives.
- Ensure that the overall business strategy and objectives are translated into annual operational business plans and targets for the division and the performance is monitored.
- Provide overall direction for the effective achievement of divisional objectives through effective leadership and by setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing, and motivating team to maximize performance.
- Collaborate with the colleagues in the executive management team, to synergize efforts across the company for the successful achievement of strategic objectives.
- Seek and establish ways to develop talent across the company, championing talent solutions in collaboration with divisional experts.
- Provide overall direction and guidance to mentor, coach, motivate and challenge the direct reports and their teams, providing opportunities for growth and development.
- Together with HR and CEO direct the development of the divisional structures so that resources are optimally utilized, and communication can take place in an efficient manner.
Budgeting and Financial Performance
- Direct the preparation and consolidation of the divisional budget and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues; areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Direct the development and oversee the implementation of divisional policies, systems, processes, procedures, and controls covering all areas of division so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service in a consistent manner.
- Direct and guide the management of change through continuous improvement of divisional systems, processes and practices considering ‘global leading standards’ and changes in the business environment.
- Ensure that all divisional reports are completed timely and comply with the company’s policies and standards.
- Direct the preparation of periodical management reports and progress reports to keep the senior management informed about the progress of various initiatives and to facilitate decision-making.
Job Specific Accountabilities
Strategic Planning & Performance Management
- Oversee the development, review, and implementation of the company’s objectives, strategy, and business plans, and liaise with the company’s members of the executive management team as required. Oversee the overall process of planning and decision making to ensure the company meets its short- and long-term targets.
- Review the company’s positioning against long term value creation opportunities, identify gaps and recommend actions to the CEO.
- Oversee the development and implementation of business performance management systems. Direct all organizational performance reporting activities and the setting of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure proper monitoring of the organizational performance in order to highlight and address any discrepancies.
- Oversee the preparation of performance reports and present them the CEO and executive management team. Lead the development of corporate dashboards that visually track, analyze, and display key performance indicators (KPIs) highlighting any deviations, ensuring that the data is properly consolidated, reported and presented to executive management team and other relevant stakeholders.
- Advise on corrective plans to address performance gaps, if needed.
- Oversee the development and implementation of an effective risk management framework; and highlight critical risks to executive management team.
- Review all corporate reports, documentations and presentations prepared by the Division and provide strategic opinion to executive management team and all relevant stakeholders.
Strategic Management Office (SMO)
- Oversee the Strategic Management Office (SMO) activities and tracking of initiatives.
- Report on corporate plan progress to the CEO, escalate issues and risks as required and advise on suggested mitigation plans.
- Oversee the development of all corporate data collection, consolidation, analysis and reporting policies, procedures, and tools to ensure that the executive management team has the necessary information needed in real time to make informed strategic decisions.
- Ensure that all project management governance framework and business plans for internal projects and enterprise initiatives are properly defined to ensure efficient and effective implementation across projects, according to project management best practices.
- Ensure that all the company internal projects and enterprise initiatives are executed in accordance with the company strategy and procedures, in order to achieve the predefined KPIs and provide analytical reporting to the company executive management team on the performance.
- Drive the successful implementation of various internal transformational activities, by applying innovative and agile methods, tools and approaches in order to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the business operations.
Innovation and Business Development
- Oversee the identification of business development opportunities and preparation of feasibility studies and recommend to executive management team.
- Oversee the development of innovation programs and provide management with suggestions.
- Oversee development of an overarching innovation strategy to capture improvements and trends across all relevant dimensions (Delivery, Community, Digital).
- Internal: All Corporate Strategy departments, all relevant the company departments, executive management team
- External: Consultants, Service Providers, Suppliers, and other organizations as and when required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Strategy Management, or any other related field
- 15+ years of relevant experience out of which at least 5 years at senior management roles in a relevant field