Department: Cargo Handling
Reports to: CEO
Subordinates: Stations Heads, Cargo Handling Operations Support Head, Cargo Handling Commercial
Lead and direct the delivery of all cargo handling operations & commercial in attaining a competitive positioning for cargo handling in the industry among all operating to and from the Kingdom, and towards the achievement of the goals and objectives, in alignment with overall corporate and business strategies and growth.
- Assist the CEO in the formulation and implementation of the company’s overall corporate and business strategies to enable the achievement of the company’s vision, mission, and business objectives.
- Develop and direct the implementation of the Cargo Handling’s strategy in alignment with the company’s overall strategy in order to achieve the Ground Handling’s short, medium, and long term objectives while ensuring the effective cascading of the strategy into departmental business plans and ease of horizontal integration with other interfacing division strategies.
Budgets and Financial Plans
- Consolidate Business Unit budgets, recommend, approve financial plans, and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the CEO is aware of anticipated costs and revenues, areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, and potential areas of cost reduction or performance improvement are capitalised upon.
People Management and Organization Structure
- Manage the achievement of the cargo Handling’s objectives through effective leadership while also setting individual objectives for subordinates, managing their performance, and developing and motivating them in order to maximise the subordinates’ and the Ground Handling overall performance.
- Identify and recommend any necessary changes that need to be made to the cargo Handling’s structure due to new/ changing business/ market needs in a manner that ensures that resources are optimally utilised and communication takes place in an efficient manner.
- To lead, motivate and inspire staff within services for which responsible to ensure the delivery of service.
Cargo Handling Operations:
- Lead cargo handling BU operations throughout the domestic network to ensure maximized operational efficiency, cost-competitiveness, customer-orientation, quality, compliance and profitability in delivered services.
- Assess, along with the operations heads the long-term development needs of the BU, recommends to the CEO the applicable strategic investment plans, partnerships and initiatives, ensuring the availability of internal and external resources and capabilities, to realize and manage the implementation of approved ventures.
- Utilize consolidated financial, operational, commercial, and stakeholder management principles and practices, and decision-making as necessary to ensure consistency, efficiency, and effectiveness in delivering agreed upon SLA’s agreed standards with key customers.
- Lead Initiation and facilitation, along with P&L, unit cost reduction measures by benchmarking cargo and ground handling costs across the network in the Kingdom and identify potential areas of revenue generation/cost reduction through innovative negotiation towards improving operational cost productivity of stations and enhancement of service delivery levels.
- Act as the coach and leader for Station Heads, chair regular meetings with the immediate subordinates to share knowledge and development opportunities and to provide guidelines and instructions in operational and administrative matters.
Commercial and Stakeholder Management:
- Defines sales and commercial strategic objectives for growth and development of business, , customer segmentation, products development and places the commercial plans to achieve them.
- Oversee Cargo Handling contracts, SLA’s, and agreements, in coordination to ensure smooth interface and effective implementation as per stipulated terms and conditions.
- Lead the key accounts and relationship management and ensure an efficient customer experience.
- Lead communication with regulatory, industry-specific local and international authorities, business partner heads and relevant stakeholders to ensure ongoing adherence to regulations, standards and procedures in all delivered systems, programs, and services.
Financial Planning and Control
- To direct the financial management of cargo handling , liaising with the Finance to develop annual budgets, identify ways to ensure revenue assurance, increase revenues, decrease costs, and analyze financial reports.
Change Management and Continuous Improvement
- Manage change and ensure that the necessary change management action plans are being properly implemented by the subordinates to cater for changing dynamics (whether internal or external) and assist Ground Handling employees in any transformation needed.
- Lead and direct the continuous improvement of systems, processes, and practices within the cargo Handling while considering international best practice, changes in international standards, and any changes in the business environment which demand proactive action plans.
- Review, approve, and direct amendments to the Cargo Handling functional policies and procedures to ensure consistency of practice and compliance with government/ sector regulations.
- Demonstrate vision and values in work and practice, motivate and work with all members of the company to create a shared culture and positive climate.
- Ensure that all reports of the Cargo Handling are prepared timely and accurately and meet the company’s requirements, policies, and standards.
- Prepare and review certain management reports related to the Cargo Handling, and update the CEO on all related activities in order to support the CEO’s decision making process.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensure compliance to all relevant health, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the stations in order to guarantee employee safety
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management or related subject
- Preferably a Master’s Degree in a related area
- 18 – 20 years of experience in Cargo business ; with at least 5 years of experience in a managerial position