General Manager – Real Estate – Jeddah
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Job Type: Permanent
- Industry: Real Estate
- Functional Area: Real Estate
- Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Job Role: General Manager – Real Estate
- Reporting line: CEO
- Direct Reports: Real Estate Development Manager, Property Manager
- Preferred nationality: Open to all nationalities
Our client is a renowned and well established family owned business and one of the largest reputed diversified conglomerates in KSA. They have been operating for over four decades and is one of the most successful and fastest growing group of companies in the Kingdom. Their portfolio of companies includes Legal Professional Services Trading, Manufacturing, Communication, Retail Catering, Real Estate and Franchising. They remain the pioneer in most of the activities it has pursued and maintained its leadership.
The Real Estate Sector General Manager has overall responsibility for the strategic direction and performance of the sector. They are responsible for the effective and efficient employment of all assets and resources aiming to achieve its strategic growth and profitability goals set by the Board of Directors as defined in the company strategy.
- Provide advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to the Management Team to carry out major plans and procedures, consistent with established policies.
- Conduct a strategic review of the sector’s performance on a regular basis to determine whether the sector is meeting its short-and long-term objectives (increase in profits, increase in market share, return on investment, etc).
- Develop, in coordination with the Management Team, an integrated business plan that optimizes market share and profitability of existing or new activities.
- Set departments’ high-level goals, objectives and plans and work with them on attaining such goals by closely monitoring their operations.
- Review the operating results of the sector; compare them to established objectives and goals, and follow-up to ensure appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Manage and direct the operations of the following companies in the real estate sector:
- Property Development
- Property Management
- Facilities Operations
- Actively participate in representing Real Estate Sector to potential and existing investors.
- Study, review and approve new investment products.
- Oversee the investment portfolio and actively manage risk.
- Meet with governmental regulatory authorities as and when required.
- Commit resources to maintain compliance with industry quality standards.
- Represent the sector / companies in business development initiatives. Seek opportunities possible by combined strength of the group and companies.
- Assure smooth transactions between Head Office and representative support functions at sector level.
- Provide strategic leadership and guidance to all management.
- Capitalize on professional contacts to further business development for sector / companies.
- Monitor corporate performance and take corrective action where necessary.
- Delegate some responsibilities to appropriate executives in order to ensure smooth running of the sector / company.
- Conduct annual performance appraisal for all executives and recommend salary adjustments, rewards and promotions.
- Monitor the adherence of employees to the group’s guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Recruit, develop, manage and motivate executives and employees reporting to him.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration (MBA is preferred) or equivalent experience with a minimum of 15 years of related experience.
- Extensive executive-level management experience (6+ years).
- Real Estate industry experience is a must.
- Strong visionary with proven leadership qualities and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Political awareness, professional expertise, financial orientation, self starting initiative, cross cultural awareness, organization astuteness and team spirit.
- Ability to select, develop and motivate necessary management talent to maintain the sector’s overall objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills such as leadership, communication, persuasion, motivation, loyalty, and openness.
- Must be a professional of unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character.
- Proficiency in both English and Arabic Language.
Interested candidates please send your CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing ‘GM – Real Estate’ in the subject line.